The goal of the Athens City-County Health Department’s immunization program is to reduce and eliminate vaccine-preventable diseases in children and adults.
Immunizations are covered by most insurances, however the Vaccine for Children Program (VFC) provides free immunization to uninsured children. Uninsured adults may obtain immunizations at minimal or no cost.
We offer the following immunizations:
- Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis
- Haemophilus influenza type b
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus
- Influenza (Seasonal Flu Shot Information - Click here)
- Measles, mumps and rubella
- Meningococcal (meningitis)
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia)
- Tuberculosis Skin Testing
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Zoster (shingles- adults only)
Please visit the Centers for Disease Control for travelers' health information: Walk in immunizations are available every Tuesday from 8am-11am.
To schedule an appointment for another time, please contact the nursing department at (740) 447-5900.