Community Health Workers
The Community Health Worker (CHW) Program helps people with type 2 diabetes live their best life possible! Sometimes understanding how to manage type 2 diabetes can be confusing or seem overwhelming. A Community Health Worker can be an extra member of the care team along with you and your doctor. People with type 2 diabetes can call the Athens City-County Health Department if they would like to meet with a CHW or they can ask their doctor, pharmacist, or insurance company to refer them to the Athens City-County Health Department. CHWs are caring people who help others on the path to managing their health. CHWs bridge the gap between health care and home. CHW services are free! Community Health Workers have helped many people in Athens County lower their A1C and improve their quality of life.
Community Health Workers can:
- Help people learn about type 2 diabetes.
- Provide information about healthy food.
- Share cooking tips.
- Go for walks or bike rides.
- Take people on a tour of the grocery store.
- Help people understand instructions from their doctor.
- Help navigate health insurance.
- Make connections to other community resources.
- Help people talk with their doctor.
- Help people reach their goals!
For more information, please contact Ruth Dudding at email@example.com or 740-592-4431 ext. 5912